ok thanks for the clarification. also i watched a clip and can i ask who is that shirtless guy in suspenders that kurt casually dry humps during a musical number that i’m pretty sure i hallucinated
he’s ~sexy santa~ and he robs them
ink you have watched both, please tell me, was it worse than the puppet episode, could anything possibly be worse than the puppet episode
ummm i don’t think it really reached the ambient horror levels of the puppet episode. the beginning of the nyc plot was decentish for glee and had some cute moments, as did the mckinley christmas tree plot.
actually the christmas ep was terrifying in a few parts but mostly it was just boring and, as boring glee usually is, vaguely unpleasant. like if anyone is reading this and actually planning to watch i would say turn it off either after sue inspects the christmas tree or santana’s mrs claus sequence, there’s basically nothing worthwhile in the latter half of the ep
95% of that was excruciating
livestreaming. it’s glee’s “previously” “unreleased” “christmas” episode! it’s too edgy for primetime tv! it’s a fucking trainwreck! come watch with us.
His body isn’t even cold yet and the New York times has already put out a shameful article declaring Nelson Mandela to be an “icon of peaceful resistance”. News outlets around the Western world are hurrying to publish obituaries that celebrate his electoral victory while erasing the protracted and fierce guerrilla struggle that he and his party were forced to fight in order to make that victory possible. Don’t let racist, imperialist liberalism co-opt the legacy of another radical. Nelson Mandela used peaceful means when he could, and violent means when he couldn’t. For this, during his life they called him a terrorist, and after his death they’ll call him a pacifist — all to neutralize the revolutionary potential of his legacy, and the lessons to be drawn from it.
Don’t fucking let them.
obituary doesn’t gloss over early period and second article is a more detailed on that subject
a subject which
I had known nothing about previously
I’d only heard ‘pacifist mandela’ my whole life.
This is what happens when you bring a box of corgi puppies to a college apartment… (x)
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
I’m using this all year had to find it